The park actually consists of THREE parks:
Land at Lowe Hill was given to the city and Clarence Park was opened in 1893.
When the owner of Holmfield Estate died the estate was bought by the Corporation and opened in 1919 as Holmfield Park.
The Council bought the Thornes House estate and opened Thornes Park to the public in 1924.
Find out here about the Car Parks, Pedestrian Access, Public Transport to the parks, Disabled Facilities and Toilets.
More Articles ...